The Wilderness - Anxiety

 



The most haunting thing that happens during the path of wilderness is 'ANXIETY'. The questions we often mend with is

- Why God?
- Why me?
- Why us?
- Bad people are living Good, what have I done wrong to undergo such painful experiences?
- and so on...

And the BIBLE says,

“Do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?” … Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:25, 34)

do not worry. doesnt mean not to think about anything or plan ahead of anything  but that we are not to be anxious. … The day & time we are now has itself so many worries to indulge in worries about the future as well.”

The ESV Study Bible similarly explains:

“If one makes the right choices (see vv. 19-24) there is (“therefore”) no reason that one should be anxious. Jesus gives two a fortiori (“how much more”) examples—“look at the birds” (v. 26), “consider the lilies” (v. 28)—to show that, since God cares even for the birds and the lilies, how much more will he care for his own. To be anxious, then, demonstrates a lack of trust in God, who promises that he will graciously care for “all these things” (v. 33; cf. Rom. 8:32). See also Phil. 4:5-6).

The endpoint of the whole verse is that it is the will and command of the Jesus, that by daily prayers we may get strength to bear us up under our daily troubles, and to arm us against the temptations that attend them, and then let none of these things move us. Let the Spirit of God work in us so that the worldliness of our hearts get rid off.

  • What could be the reason to steal the STRENGTH of TODAY is your  ANXIETY about future. We stuck there, fear grips, not letting us to be our own, stealing the ZEAL to serve CHRIST. What a beautiful strategy of SATAN! 
NOTE: Remember how the disciples responded after Christ was killed? After seeing their beloved Jesus crucified, their fear drove them into hiding. What if the disciples had become so consumed with worry that they stayed in the shadows until the day they died?

  • The other reason would be, WHAT OTHERS THINK OF US that steals our Joy and zeal towards one THE TRUTH that JESUS CHRIST has laid upon us. 
NOTE: What if the denial of Peter’s anxiety or the shame of  Thomas’ doubt restrain their walks  for the rest of their lives. Would the gospel still have been proclaimed? Of course. But if they were imprisoned by worry, they would have missed out on all the incredible assignments God had for them. The same is true for you and me.

Worries could be off different types, but there is only one solution that submitting at the feet of JESUS CHRIST.

Ways to overcome Anxiety
  1. Pray
  2. Focus on God's attributes
  3. Keep mind open to learn from others
  4. Be humble
  5. Be aware of Satan's schemes
  6. FOCUS ON ETERNITY
  7. TRUST JESUS

A Prayer to Not Worry About Tomorrow

Dear Father, I admit that I often forget that you are with me. I often forget what you’re like. Would you please forgive me for that? I need to get to know you better. I need to get to know your Word and your promises better. Help me to put you first in every area of my life. Help me to live one day at a time. Help me to not worry about tomorrow but instead focus on what you’re doing in my life right now. I want to trust in your promise to take care of every one of my needs — financial, relational, physical, social, spiritual, and emotional. Help me to trust you more and worry less. I pray in Jesus’ Name. Amen. 



Post a Comment

2 Comments

Your feedback encourages me! God Bless you!